Interstate Network News
When checking into these nets, please note your radio, your location, and what repeater you are using.
- 1/15/21 - The Queen Anne’s Amateur Radio Club DMR Net on Thursday nights at 8:00 PM has expanded and diversified its footprint. It is now called the “Mid-Atlantic DMR Net.” and will be held on Maryland State Talkgroup 3124, at 8:00 PM, thus allowing for easier participation by more amateurs. TG 3124 is an always on during the net channel so you will not have to kerchunk it to hear the net. We now have check-ins from all over the state as well as from DE and PA. You are invited to check-in and help make the net grow. We are also seeking net control hosts, on a rotating basis, for the net. (Ross – KC3LUV or rrhodesjr"at"atlanticbb.net)
- CPRA has a net on CPA Local 2 for the Central PA area, at 9 pm, on Sunday nights. If you are out of the CPA area, you can access CPA Local 2 by using 31423, on TS2, on a PTT basis on the Interstate repeaters. It is a very informal net.
- The Wayne County club has a net on NE PA Local 2, at 1 pm, on Wednesdays. If you are out of the NE PA area, you may access NE PA Local 2 by using 31424, on TS2, on a PTT basis.
- The PA State net is on 3142, on TS1, at 8 pm, on Tuesday nights. If you are out of the PA area, you may access PA State by using 3142 on TS2, on a PTT basis.
- Western PA has a net on WPA Local 2 on Wednesday nights, at 7:30 pm. This is very structured net. The stations are usually called by county. The other repeaters (non-Interstate) in Western PA do not follow the normal numbering convention using Local 2 for their local TG, unlike the rest of the Interstate areas. To access WPA Local 2 on those repeaters, and the other Interstate repeaters, use 31422, on TS2, on PTT basis.
These items are in chronological order.
- 4/17/21 - Speadsheets updated for new Tysons Corner repeater on bridge 2 ports 31-50.
- 4/15/21 - There will be a swap meet at Al K3TKJ's house on Saturday June 5th statrting around 9AM, a DMR training session is also included.
Location: 34087 Old Hickory Rd. Laurel, DE 19956
- 4/11/21 - New repeater on air, Tysons Corner, VA 443.0625 CC3. Updated spreadsheets will be posted soon.
- 4/5/21 - Crisfield, Ocean Pines and St. Thomas coverage maps added.
- 4/3/21 - Crisfield antenna repaired, repeater back on air.
- 4/3/21 - Ocean Pines new antenna installed, much better coverage.
- 3/26/21 - Talkgroup spreadsheets updated.
- 3/21/21 - Rockton Moutain UHF repeater back on air.
- 3/7/21 - St. Thomas repeater back on air.
- 3/6/21 - Trappe repeater now has SMD 311618 FT on TS1.
- 2/14/21 - Wye Mills intermittent network connection fixed.
- 1/30/21 - Bridge 1 has been updated with newer software. Your previous links to netwatch will need to be updated to callwatch.
- 1/26/21 - Cornwall repeater is offline due to microwave issue, no eta for repair at this time.
- 1/15/21 - The Crisfield repeater was damaged by a lightning strike and is off the air, no eta for repair at this time.
- 1/13/21 - Bridge 2 has been updated with newer software. Your previous links to netwatch will need to be updated to callwatch.
- 11/21/20 - A new repeater is now online in Jessup. 442.7125 CC1, coverage map under Maryland repeaters.
- 11/15/20 - The Laurel, DE repeater was moved to Federalsburg, MD. Frequenciy and talkgroups remain the same.
- 8/12/20 - The Eagle repeater had a microwave path failure. A backup internet connection is being installed. ETR is 2 weeks. (Jeff) Repaired
- 8/12/20 - The St. Thomas repeater should be back in service shortly. (John)
- 8/12/20 - The Towson (Baltimore) repeater is off the air due to an equipment failure. It should be repaired in 2-3 weeks. (Nick/John) Repaired
- 8/12/20 - The intermittent internet connection at Bluemont is being worked on. It should be repaired in a few weeks. (John) Repaired
- The Bartow repeater has been relocated to Welcome with a higher antenna. Thank you Julian.
- The Camelback repeater had a DSL circuit failure. That has been repaired. Thank you Jeff.
- The antenna problem at Upper Marlboro has been repaired. Thank you Tom.
- The transmitter problem at Waterford Works has been repaired. Thank you Jeff.
- The Landisburg, Harrisburg, and Cornwall repeaters are experiencing intermittent microwave internet connection problems. No ETR. (Gary)
- The Wilkes-Barre repeater is being relocated. It is off the air. No ETR. (Jeff)
- Ocean Pines off the air due to Water Tank repairs. No ETR. (Rob)
- The Ashton repeater is for sale by the owner, due to lack of support. (Dave)
- The Dan's Rock repeater was removed by the sponsoring club, due to lack of support. (Terry)
Note for Anytone radio users, there is a menu item in your codeplug and on the radio settings menu for "Talker Alias" which should be turned off or your transmit audio will be distorted and in some cases completely unreadable.
I found a cure for my Anytone D578 going quiet for apparently no reason after being on for a while, I post this hoping it helps others. Under optional setting/ STE by default mine was set silent and a 259.2 tone. I changed this to off on both settings and after days of being on the radio has not gone silent again.
DMR has a learning curve and many users are willing to help. This is hard to do when there is no way to contact you directly. Make sure you have a valid email address listed on qrz.com.
If you are here because you are intested in DMR but do not yet have an ID go here to get one.
Are you setting up your radio and wondering how it sounds? Use the parrot talkgroup 9998 TS2 setup as a group call. This is a DVR and will repeat what you say so you can adjust your audio. Remember this is a radio transmission, ID yourself.
To see your preferred name appear on CallWatch the process is simple. First go to http://amateurradio.digital/ and create an account. You do not need to pay but I suggest you check the site as it is a great resource for populating your radios with calls. Look at your DMR details on the login page, edit the name line to reflect what name you would prefer to be addressed as, that simple.